• If you've never taken a martial arts class in your life or have minimal experience and want something more than a weekend experience, this program is for YOU.
• Men and women from across the DC area are enrolling in our 12 Week Basic Course at Washington DC's Aikido Martial Arts in order to make a commitment to trying a martial art system that is designed to give them skills, perspective and a better understanding of themselves and what they want to gain from their training and experience.
• Our programs are designed to get you active, teach you self-defense, build discipline, and encourage growth and development. Whether you are looking to try something new, introduce yourself to martial arts, learn a new skill or find a positive outlet for stress, our dedicated professionals teach classes that deliver skills that can be applied to all areas of life.
• This course is designed to:
-Teach you practical self-defense against strikes, grabs and armed attacks
-Enhance your understanding and competence of your options in a conflict
-Provide an alternative means of physical fitness, flexibility and cardio training
-Introduce you to like-minded individuals that will be your classmates and friends
-Challenge you to move, think and perceive in ways you never have
-Give you a primer for what we have to offer in our Adult Aikido Program
These classes are about more than simply teaching physical self-defense techniques; our classes are about using your combined mind, body, and spirit at the highest level. Our students learn to harness the power of their inner strength just as much as their outer strength.
This course is NOT designed to:
-Make you an expert in the material that you will be learning
-Give you a false sense of security
-Be a replacement or supplement for training in the parent art (Aikido)
We understand that the martial arts can be intimidating for newcomers which is why we’ve created this friendly, first step to introduce you to something you may grow to truly love and continue to invest in the future. We also understand that long-term training just might not be for you and this is a great way to invest in a short-term program that will deliver a high-quality experience.
• If you’re ready to get started and now is the perfect time to give it a try!